6 Detox Drinks for Healthy Skin and Stronger Immune System
There are a lot of benefits to detoxing your body, and one of those is having healthier skin and a stronger immune system. If you are looking for some delicious detox drinks that will help improve your overall health, here are six easy recipes to try:
Jump to recipe:
- Grapefruit With Rosemary Detox Juice
- Green Detox Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
- Turmeric Detox Drink
- Cucumber Lemonade
- Refreshing Mixed Berries with Sparkling Water
#1 Grapefruit With Rosemary Detox Juice
Grapefruit is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Grapefruit juice can also help to improve the appearance of the skin by helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, it can also help to boost collagen production to help to keep the skin looking young and healthy. Lastly, grapefruit juice can help to fight against acne by helping to kill off bacteria that can cause breakouts. So, if you are looking for a delicious way to improve your skin's health, consider adding grapefruit drink to your diet!
How To Make Grapefruit With Rosemary Drink
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 and ½ cup of grapefruit juice
- 2 grapefruit zest
- 4 large springs of rosemary
- Honey (optional)
- Heat the water in a medium saucepan and add the grapefruit juice, rosemary springs, and zest
- Let it boil for 5-10 minutes and mix gently
- Once cooled, transfer to a jar. You may add honey to add a little sweetness.
- Refrigerate or add some ice
#2 Green Detox Juice
Green detox drinks are not only great for your health, but they can also improve your skin complexion and make you look younger. Here are some of the benefits that green detox drinks can provide for your skin:
- They Can Help to Detoxify Your Skin
If you want to get rid of toxins from your skin, green detox drinks can help. These drinks can help to flush out toxins and impurities from your system, leaving your skin looking healthier and more radiant.
- They Can Help to Reduce Inflammation
If you suffer from inflammation or redness on your skin, green detox drinks can help to reduce this. The antioxidants present in these drinks can help to reduce inflammation and soothe your skin.
- They Can Help to Boost Collagen Production
Green detox drinks can also help to boost collagen production in your skin. Collagen is a protein that helps to keep your skin firm and elastic. By boosting collagen production, green detox drinks can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- They Can Help to Moisturize Your Skin
Green detox drinks can also help to keep your skin hydrated. These drinks are a great source of vitamins and minerals that can help to nourish and moisturize your skin.
- They Can Help to Reduce the Appearance of Dark Spots
If you have dark spots on your skin, green detox drinks can help to reduce their appearance. The antioxidants present in these drinks can help to lighten the dark spots and even out your skin tone.
How To Make Green Detox Juice
- 1 cucumber
- 2 green apples
- 1 lime
- ½ slice of ginger
- Wash the ingredients thoroughly and cut into small pieces
- Add all ingredients into a blender or juicer
- Transfer the juice into a jar or glass bottle
- Refrigerate and drink in the morning
- Note: Consume within 48 hour for the ingredients to remain fresh
#3 Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
There are many benefits of drinking an ACV detox drink every day, including improved skin health. The acetic acid in ACV can help to kill harmful bacteria and fungi, which can lead to clearer skin. ACV can also help balance the pH levels of the skin, making it more radiant and healthier. In addition, the detoxifying properties of ACV can help to remove toxins from your body, including those that can cause acne.
Drinking an ACV detox drink each day can help to keep your skin looking its best! Check out below how you can make it:
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
- 2 liters of water
- 1-2 tablespoons of ACV
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Mix the ACV and honey with 2 liters of water
- Drink throughout the day
Caution: If you are new to drinking ACV, use 1 tablespoon and use 2 tablespoons only once you develop a higher tolerance to it. Do NOT consume more than 2 tablespoons a day. ACV is very acidic and consuming large amounts can lead to low blood potassium levels and an upset stomach.
#4 Turmeric Detox Drink
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent that can be helpful in treating several skin conditions. When applied topically, turmeric can help reduce the appearance of scars, acne, and other skin blemishes. Additionally, when consumed as a drink, turmeric can help improve your complexion by detoxifying the body and increasing circulation. If you are looking for a natural way to improve the appearance of your skin, you may want to give this turmeric detox drink a try!
How To Make Turmeric Detox Drink
- ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 jar of water
- Add water into the jar and mix the turmeric powder and honey
- Squeeze the lemon into the mixture and add the lemon slices
- Refrigerate and drink one glass in the morning on an empty stomach
#5 Cucumber Lemonade
Cucumber lemonade is not only refreshing and delicious, but it also has several benefits for your skin! Here are some ways it can help you achieve radiant looking skin:
- Hydrate the skin
- Reduce inflammation
- Detoxify the skin
- Antioxidant boost
- Reduce puffiness
Cucumber and lemon can make for a delicious and refreshing drink that can also help improve the appearance of your skin. So, if you are looking for a summertime refresher that will also keep your skin clear and hydrated, try a cucumber lemonade!
How To Make Cucumber Lemonade
- 1 cucumber
- 1 or 2 cups of water
- 3/4 cups of lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Mint (optional)
- Blend the cucumber and strain the puree (If you want some tidbits in your juice, no need to strain)
- Add water and lemon juice to the blender and mix
- Pour into a jar and mix 2 tablespoons of honey
- Refrigerate and drink in the morning or all throughout the day
- Top drink with mint leaves (optional)
#6 Refreshing Mixed Berries with Sparkling Water
If you are looking for a delicious way to improve your skin health, consider adding mixed berries juice to your diet. Mixed berries are packed with antioxidants and nutrients that can help protect your skin from damage, reduce inflammation, and keep it looking its best.
Mixed berries are also a great source of vitamin C, which is essential for collagen production. Collagen is a protein that gives your skin its elasticity and strength. Vitamin C helps to stimulate collagen production, keeping your skin looking young and healthy.
How To Make Refreshing Mixed Berries with Sparkling Water
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 cups each of Berries (blackberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 1 lemon (cut into slices)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 liters of sparkling water
- Kiwi slices (optional)
- Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan and mix until sugar dissolves (sugar water)
- Put all chunks of berries, kiwis, mint leaves, and lemon slices into one jar
- Add sugar water mixture into your fruit slices and fill pitcher with water
- Stir the mixed berries and refrigerate or add ice cubes
- Add sparking water before serving